At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you're ready for your next challenge, this is your chance to make a direct impact to Amazon's operations, global expansion and customer obsession.
Every day Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between Click to Deliver for your products by constantly expanding and improving the Amazon Fulfillment Network. In the service of our customers, we are innovating in the areas of material handling automation, machine vision, robotics, transportation network, and machine learning.
The Operations Technology team under Amazon Fulfillment Technology organization, supports all of the software and infrastructure which powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment engine. Operations Technology team supports the fundamental services which drive our catalog, transportation, inventory and labor management systems. These systems support everything that we do; tens of millions of catalog items, hundreds of millions of inventory items and billions of transactions a year!
The Operations Technology team in India is looking for a leader for its DevOps team to support worldwide expansion of Amazon Fulfilment network. This Manager will be responsible for the following.
· Interface with various Business/Operations/Technology partners, and program manage new Node Launch and Technology service setup activities meeting stringent SLAs.
· Hire, coach, develop and lead the staff engineers of Node Launch Support/DevOps team.
· Handle escalations, effectively communicate with global audience and resolve Node Launch issues.
· Drive continuous improvements in process and operational efficiency, leveraging automation and tools to achieve flawless launch.
· Drive innovation and best practice adoption across diverse cross-functional teams.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
· Leader: Significant experience leading teams, developing team members to consistently deliver high value to customers and the organization.
· Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology and operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
· Communicator: Ability to communicate and gather expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges