Every day, hundreds of thousands of customers visit Amazon to discover, research, and buy products. Millions of interactions are processed each hour, as customers navigate and explore our vast selection of products, features, and services around the world. The Consumer Experience Technology (CXT) team is dedicated to making Amazon the best shopping experience across desktop, tablet, and mobile apps and web. Our aim is to provide simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences from the home page to checkout while enabling customers to make informed buying decisions, and delighting them along the way.
Amazon CXT is looking for a highly motivated, customer obsessed and entrepreneurial senior leader to head up the Bangalore based Product Detail Page Platform and Deployment tools team. This leader will lead their teams to deliver scalable available architecture supporting current and next generation product pages dynamically targeted, integrated with other Amazon systems, covering both existing and new countries.
· Manage overall software development life-cycle
· Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
· Work closely with Sr. engineers and Team Leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
· Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
· Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
· Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
· Own all operational metrics and support
· Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
· Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
· Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment, are right a lot
· Hire and develop the best people
· Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business
· Strong results orientated approach.
· Thinks big and have a bias for Action
· Deal well with ambiguity