Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Our Search Services team is breaking new ground and redefining search and analytics of Big Data. We are currently responsible for two major AWS services: Amazon Elasticsearch and Amazon CloudSearch. We are looking for senior Software Engineers to join its Bangalore team to lead key initiatives in search and real-time analytics. The role demands a high-performing candidate who can tackle difficult problems in the areas of very large-scale distributed systems and drive solutions from design to coding, testing and deployment.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Lead architecture of large initiatives in scaling, security and availability.
- Design, develop and support a world-class search and analytics platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java and Python
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs.
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with business and market needs
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results.
- Invent the future of search, instead of just being a bystander
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment