Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing process automation programs globally. Within the Retail Business Services (RBS), we aim to become more efficient and at the same time to make the work we do more rewarding by increasing operational strategic value. To realize this we are seeking Process Improvement Managers to deliver continuous improvement projects across the RBS teams leading to each of its delivery levers. The long-term goal of the Process Improvement role is to reduce, eliminate and automate qualifying tasks. Secondary goals are to improve the vendor or customer experience, and to enhance GMS. This will be achieved by adopting global standard operating procedures and creating new procedures. This will require collaboration with local and global teams, which have process and technical expertise. Therefore, you should be able to quickly earn the trust of others and skilled at dealing with pushback in order to realize these goals. Key Responsibilities for this Role:-
Key Performance Areas:
- Work on specified projects on direction of the Process Improvement Manager.
- Build programs to create a culture of continuous improvement within the business unit, and foster a customer-centric focus on the quality, productivity, and scalability of our services.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solver
- Scoping, driving and delivering complex projects across multiple teams.
- Dive deep into the part of operational process to identify problem and improve the performance of underperforming parts.
- Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.
- Work with frugality, discretion and efficiency, with prioritization and good judgment
- Project/Program Management
- Automation initiative conceptualization and implementation
- Big Data analytics
- Product development – Scoping and Testing
- Defect Elimination
- Agile Continuous Improvement