Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and Kindle Content is one of the most innovative and fast growing business at Amazon. Our vision with the Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available to Kindle customers instantly. Leading innovations on furthering the reading experiences will drive the future of digital reading of complex non-fiction content and complex language specific layouts. In order to make this possible, we are looking for leaders with a passion for solving challenging technical problems and create superior reading experiences. We are seeking an innovative, passionate, results-oriented customer-centric Support Engineering Manager to be part of the Kindle Core Reading Experience organization.
The role encompasses, managing a growing team of Support & Application Engineers, currently focused on:
- Monitoring & Resolution of Trouble Tickets within defined SLA’s. Drive escalations to engineering team.
- Drive Root Cause Analysis, Impact Analysis and Production Deployment support.
- Build automated frameworks, tools, solutions to enable stakeholders/business owners monitor health/drive business outcomes (For example: Automated Business/Product Metrics)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Regular interactions with various internal business-owners (like customer support, engineering teams), external publishers/conversion houses, to help understand requirements & business priorities, define engagement model and drive improvements.
- Developing Support strategies and creating appropriate harnesses as well as pragmatic approaches for quick & effective support.
- Resource planning to support various program asks.
- Drive initiatives to maximize operational efficiency.
- Defining measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective Support goals.
- Build best-of-class support engineering team