Are you an experienced and accomplished Software Development Manager excited by the challenge of defining the vision and leading teams in expanding Local Finds business ?
The Local Finds team has been chartered to incubate 3 programs for Amazon.in – Local Selling, Local Ads, and Local Shopping. Below briefly describes the mission for each program -
1. Local Selling (formerly known as P2P aka Junglee): Enable anyone to start selling on Amazon.in by creating an easy-to-use, self-service, mobile-first selling experience.
2. Local Ads (aka Local Coupons): Empower Amazon Pay merchants with a customer-backward advertising tools to grow Pay adoption
3. Local Shopping (aka Scan and Go, Amazon Here): Transform customers’ offline shopping experience through the Amazon shopping app.
The Local Finds Tech team located in Bangalore is looking for a technology leader to lead a high-performing team to deliver on Local Selling and discovery experience of Local Coupons business. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon.in/Amazon Pay, from the ground up.
If you are looking for a creative, startup-like work environment and want to be at the center of Amazon innovation, this is the place to be! Our engineers own the complete consumer experience for all the programs (Local Selling, Local Ads, an Local Shopping), work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS Elastic Search, Lambda, ECS, EDP, SQS, Dynamo DB, Slapshot, Herd, Horizonte etc.) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. As part of Local Selling, we are building experiences that help individuals and home businesses to sell easily online, and also help the A.in customers discover these listings. As part of Local Ads, we help A.in discover various coupons such as A.in and LPA. We are a small team in early stages of product development. We just launched MVP experience and the customers love to engage on this. We are doubling down on the success of this and are building more experiences to enhance the discovery of coupons by deeply integrating in the A.in customer's buying journey. The product has huge potential to be launched in other marketplaces.
In this role as software development manager, you will lead a team of exceptional engineers building customer facing applications on Amazon’s websites and mobile apps. You will own and develop highly scalable backend services to provide critical functions that enable the discovery of coupons. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports