Data Engineer, Self-Service Performance Advertising
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Ad Quality and Billing team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. It is also responsible for real-time transaction management related to billing and invoicing for advertising products in Amazon. We deal with one of the world’s largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages.
We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch engineer to revamp existing systems and build new ones from the ground up. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in at least some of the following areas: machine learning, model building and algorithm development, building and scaling very large data processing platforms using distributed computing technologies such as Map/Reduce, transactional systems and data persistence using RDBMS, web-crawling, algorithm development for efficient scheduling, sampling, queuing, classification, etc.
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse infrastructure using Oracle and AWS (Redshift) technologies.
- Create ETLs to take data from various operational systems and create a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting
- Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., OBIEE, Micro Strategy, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of our vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software
- Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
- Work with Product Managers, Business Analysts, and a growing global team to help in analyzing data and derive new insights that drive Amazon's consumer marketing global success.
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary