Do you believe Kindle is the best integrated reading and shopping experience in the world? Can you envision bold new ideas that will take this already great experience to the next level? If so, keep reading.
Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from driving complex, cross-functional and cross-organizational projects? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning, as well as drilling into technical architecture and design? If this type of work appeals to you, then maybe you are the right person to drive new features for the Amazon Kindle e-Book store website, Kindle Mobile reading Apps and innovative digital content services to provide the best possible shopping and reading experiences for our customers world wide.
The Kindle Team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for delivering engaging and innovative shopping and reading experiences for Kindle customers. In this role you will be responsible for conceiving, prioritizing, and executing development projects driven by your obsession to provide the best experiences for Kindle readers world wide. As a key leader for Kindle Content Engineering, you will work directly with multiple teams across development, program/product management, finance and tax, and the broader Amazon tech community to build and launch these software solutions and drive associated programs.
This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will also be responsible for setting project management standards and expectations and delivering large, cross functional projects.Responsibilities:
- Thinking big and working with business stakeholders and technology leadership to define strategy and requirements.
- Delivering results by leading cross functional development teams from design to roll out.
- Earning trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
- Owning all metrics around initiative goals you will define. We make decisions based on data.
- Being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.