Product Manager – Service Provider Network Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused and passionate about e-commerce? Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
Amazon Seller Services India offers services to sellers to grow multi-channel commerce. See www.amazonservices.com & http://services.amazon.in for details of products and services.
As a Product Manager – Service Provider Network (SPN), with Amazon Seller Services India, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on strategy for Amazon’s India venture – www.amazon.in. This program is focused on the strategic and operational aspects of building a suite of apps & services through third party providers that can help sellers build their e-commerce business on Amazon. This is first of its kind initiative for Amazon, hence the role is entrepreneurial in nature.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Build product capabilities to make 3rd party service providers successful on the SPN program. We have providers with different team sizes and areas of expertise.
2. Work across multiple teams to deliver the new product/service in a timely fashion. Success in delivering this includes the ability to hold successful working-backwards reviews with senior leaders to create and align on new product visions, implementing it by building new services and influencing technology leaders across the company.
3. Be responsible for solving difficult problems that do not have obvious solutions. The PM also needs to continuously iterate to improve already launched products/features.
4. Maintain a global and local focus - working across Amazon while walking in the shoes of sellers and customers at a country level to ensure we only launch great experiences.
5. Prioritize decisions and conduct trade-offs for the portfolio of products, envision long term strategies and detail them in clear business requirement documents. Work with development teams to take them live, maintain bug logs and track post-launch customer feedback and product usage.
6. Be responsible for the GTM of the programs/products, working with online/offline marketing teams to scale program adoption, defining usage policies and identify/track abusive or fraudulent activities within the program and work with the respective teams to reduce it as far as possible.
The PM needs to relentlessly focus on Provider and Seller experience and build product capabilities to make providers of all sizes and operational capabilities successful. To achieve this, the PM has to - i) Author PR FAQs/BRDs, ii) Prioritise roadmap and take trade-off decisions, iii) Influence and work with local and global teams.
The position is located in Bangalore, India.
3+ years of product management experience, ideally in the e-commerce or technology space
Experience working with cross-functional teams in delivery and adoption of major new products or services
Experience defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organisations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely
Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product
High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.
Exposure to data reporting tools like SQL
Personal attributes and competencies
Demonstrated intense customer focus.
Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
Takes initiative. Does not wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
MBA from a reputed institute
Significant Product Management experience in e-commerce industry