Are you interested in building next generation services that will redefine international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world purchase global merchandise? Amazon Expansion is building new software components and services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience, delivery experience and expand to new countries/regions via Global Store product. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in software engineering leadership position, building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture) in a fact paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- As leader of leader, lead Tech org consists of SDMs, TPMs and software development engineers.
- Manage and develop the team, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring and capability/skill development.
- Lead E2E architecture, design, implementation, support, and evaluation of technology-focused tools and services.
- Provide leadership and innovation in the design and implementation of services to enable new products and services.
- Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Act as point of contact for communications dealing with project deliverables, setting the expectation, managing priorities, technologies, human factors and management issues.
- Establish consistence project management processes, standards and guidelines in the execution of program wide security efforts. Engage enterprise wide teams as needed with focus on results.
- Finally, our services being a part of one of the World's largest production ecosystem requires all candidates to balance sustaining and stability issues for a 24x7 environment with new development.