The Customer Delivery Experience (CDX) team is the steward of the delivery experience for customers on the retail website. The CDX team is focused on two distinct legs of customers’ interactions post-purchase. The first leg exists between the customer placing the order and that customer taking possession of that product. During this leg, CDX products seek to maximize delivery success and customer satisfaction by providing maximal transparency (PT, PDW, Maps, POD, Your Orders) and flexibility (Reschedule, Cancel, Delivery Instructions), while ensuring we have the information and details we need to successfully deliver the package on the first attempt (Access Codes, Business Hours, Delivery Instructions).
Amazon's DevOps engineering support for Delivery Experience is responsible to own and provide frontline support for systems responsible for rendering and sending transactional emails to the customers, "Your Order/Order History" page in Retail website, "Track your package" and many other deliver experience features. If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced customer focused environment by working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
We are looking for a strong DevOps engineer whose key jobs functions include:
- Debugging, evaluating, and resolving production software issues and bugs to improve system availability and performance.
- Designing and developing software applications and components to automate diagnosis and resolution of software issues, and manual engineering procedures to support new business launches.
- Leverage operational excellence tools to build monitors and alarms to proactively, automatically and accurately detect systemic failures before they impact our customers.
- Work with our partner software development teams to deliver software/hardware migrations, upgrades and other software infrastructure improvements.
- You should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You have ability to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.