Amazon Web Services ("AWS") enable customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing very rapidly with over a million companies in over 190 countries on the platform. This growth is driving the need for an experienced leader in AISPL, the local seller for AWS in India, to fill this high-profile position.
Amazon has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business and influence decision-making.
In this role, the Head – India Strategy & Operations, AISPL will develop and execute the India strategy, continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. As a member of the AISPL leadership team, this role will be lead working with other AISPL leaders to develop, implement and manage the business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize Business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
The Head - India Strategy & Operations will drive the management cadence of the business and own the management system. The role drives improvements and updates to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data for our customers. This position also manages the initial proposal, administration and execution of the regions targets and goals, headcount plans, including market segmentation, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytics insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation teams will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will help drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
· Key partner of the Head of AISPL in India
· Work with senior leadership to define the India strategy and run the management cadence for the business
· Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
· Lead India wide initiatives across the Operations group and be an active participant on this team
· Working with the management, lead the initial proposal of annual goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes.
· Lead the development and provision of routine and ad-hoc analytic reports to senior management regarding Business Development initiatives, customer segment performance, performance against goals, etc. Ensure reports contribute to business insight and decision-making, and minimize overall report burden.
· Lead the modelling and development of recommendations for opportunity sizing, allocations, and alignments
· Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for analytics