Do you have the passion to analyze data to uncover patterns, build predictive models, and impact the business materially through what you observe? Do you want to make an impact in Amazon’s multi-billion-dollar Affiliate business, and its Advertising business? We are looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to enhance a comprehensive business and operational reporting/analytics function, develop models to help publisher monetization, and drive new ways to measure and simulate the performance of our current business features and drive innovation to build business cases for new features and products.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be working with other business analysts, development and finance teams to drive the next generation of analytical and business intelligence capabilities. You’ll coordinate with our partner teams to define and build the data architecture, data mart and reporting layers to facilitate standardized reporting and deep business insight. Your expertise will enable us to standardize on taxonomy and simplify data availability for all users.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with big data structures, intimately familiar with SQL, database schema and business processes, and familiarity with Tableau. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse infrastructure using AWS cloud technologies.
- Create ETLs to take data from various operational systems like Adobe Target, Adobe Connect, Sales Force and create a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting.
- Support Technical Program Manager, business teams, and a growing virtual team aimed at analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
- Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., OBIEE, Amazon Quicksight, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of AWS’s vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
- Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
- Work with business owners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions.
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary