The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America.The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability. Job Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Manager-II-TRON
The Manager II supports the operations manager in leading a direct and indirect workforce to improve quality in FC space via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting the management to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan.
The Manager II will lead a team of Shift Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, earn-trust, and best-practice sharing. Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Operations Manager and capable of taking over those leadership and management responsibilities in his absence.
- Lead a core group of high achieving shift managers and associates to maximize their team’s output and ability to meet exacting targets within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment.
- Enhances day-to-day integration with multiple Service Providers and Associates, using respective metrics to reduce operational risk and improve quality.
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives in order to continually improve output in a sustainable manner.
- Mentor the management team, lead the workforce and be capable of identifying and developing talent.
- Able to proactively find solutions, develop new processes and lead change management in a safe and sustainable way.
- Able to inspire a customer-focused culture within our workforce and partners.
- Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation.