eCommerce Foundation builds multiple cloud based and distributed platform services that are at the core of Amazon’s consumer, digital and other businesses (CDO). It specializes in data storage, data security, and data streaming and migration. Thousands of services fueling the growth of Amazon businesses use CCF technologies to secure and store customer orders, catalog and product information, shopping cart, Kindle device information, and hundreds of other business critical data-sets. The performance and availability of Consumer Cloud Foundation (CCF) technologies is critical to the reliability of the Amazon brand. We partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to leverage technologies built for cloud customers, and to offer technologies we invent through AWS channel to the broader market. The products that this group owns are Tiered Storage, Secondary Indexing, Range Queries, Sequence Generator, Bulk Data Migration, Data Streaming Platform and Data Security Services. Towards this vision, we are seeking a strong and highly motivated engineers to disrupt and build next generation of distributed cloud computing products and take it to the next level. Your responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate must be able to anticipate and identify system and architectural problems before they occur and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make data driven decisions/judgment calls, work to improve customer experience for Amazon service owners and get the right things done.
- Customer on boarding, notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Java and shell scripts, web technologies.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
- Ownership of one or more products or components
- Work with engineering team in creating knowledge base and skill set manual
Join a team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that’s committed to a low operational burden by designing for it. A team that puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!