Manifesting and Labeling Technology Services (MLTS
) include Tier1 transportation services to generate and vend out ship labels, carrier IDs and carrier route codes, and carrier manifest documents. MLTS services create these carrier artifacts for all packages processed by Amazon, including for AFN Standard Network (both inbound and outbound), Special Handling Network (including PrimeNow, Fresh and Heavy-Bulky), MFN Network, Ship With Amazon packages, Customer Returns packages, and for Subsidiaries such as Shopbob, Woot, Fabric etc.
The Transportation business has grown in scale and complexity over the last few years with the introduction of innovative business models, product evolution and geographic expansion. We have launched our journey to transform legacy platform to a NEW carrier facing product to replace a multitude of manual processes and tools.
In this role, your key responsibilities include:
- Work with Internal & External Stakeholders to understand the business processes and workflow.
- Develop functional specifications/requirements documents
- Dealing with ambiguity to discover the true requirements underlying new feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Work with both the Internal Software and Operations teams to launch projects and provide ongoing technical support as appropriate. Track/drive the technical aspects with the other Program Managers.
- Work within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the available services for External Fulfillment; be the primary conduit for gathering requirements for enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral as required.
- Work as the product owner and define roadmap in association with the stakeholders
- Drive simplification and efficiencies in engineering and/or complex architectures to unblock innovation and/or speed of delivery within program area
- Manage multiple projects in program area or large challenging projects to meet business and/or organization goals
- Facilitate technical trade-offs between short term team needs and long term business needs