Amazon is seeking a foreign tax senior analyst to join its direct tax reporting team in Hyderabad, India. The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for supporting all facets of the foreign reporting team, including preparing filings, reconciling accounts, and generating reports for manager review. This position will also provide support on foreign tax planning projects.
Foreign Tax Reporting and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Prepare work papers and supporting data for foreign tax return filings
- Detail review of tax filings and supporting workpapers
- Drive process improvement and automation and technology implementation throughout the foreign tax reporting and compliance process
- Calculate and prepare estimated tax payments
- ASC 740/foreign local quarterly and annual tax provision calculation
- Prepare reconciliation reports for worldwide withholding tax accounts
- Prepare journal entries and payment requests for withholding tax
- Prepare foreign local treaty based benefit forms
- Develop and prepare standard operating procedures for review and approval by management
Tax Planning Research & Analysis Responsibilities:
- Prepare regular reports for management, including filing status of worldwide filings, taxes paid/accrued, new entity tracker, etc.
- Participate in special projects, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in tax
- Must be technically proficient and have strong accounting, analytical, financial modeling and research skills
- MS in Taxation preferred
- Certification as CA/CPA preferred
- Experience using Corptax tax preparation software
- Strong income tax operational experience including and preparation of income tax compliance and reporting obligations for US multinational organization
- Withholding tax reporting and compliance experience
- Tax provision experience and understanding of accounting pronouncements
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Oracle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.