Are you a hands-on leader that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Amazon Fulfillment Technology organization is looking for a Sr. Manager to lead multiple software development teams in the Transfer Execution space.
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
- Manage overall software development life-cycle
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Work closely with Sr. engineers and Team Leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Own all operational metrics and support
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment, are right a lot
- Hire and develop the best people
- Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business
- Strong results orientated approach.
- Thinks big and have a bias for Action
- Deal well with ambiguity