Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused and passionate about e-commerce? Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? Do you have an appetite for constantly learning and upgrading your knowledge? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
We are looking for a smart, customer focused, driven, and analytical leader to join the Media category team. The Planning & Forecasting Manager will demonstrate ownership of inventory strategies and supply chain efficiencies to maximize sales, margin and turns and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand. He or she will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of instock, inventory planning and operational costs. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must have proven successes in cost out operational initiatives and demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency, improving purchasing automation, and reducing input costs. The Planning & Forecasting Manager will also be responsible for improvements to inventory management processes over time, including identifying defects, reducing waste, and improving supply chain effectiveness.
Strong candidates will have hands-on operations or inventory management experience and knowledge in fundamental business principles. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to succeed in managing a large catalog selection efficiently, identifying problems/finding solutions, and building/improving processes. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
The position is based at Amazon's India office located in Bangalore and reports into category leadership team.
What can you expect from the Role?
1. You will work on initiatives that will cut across different media categories (from Books to Video Games)
2. Mix of short term projects with quick turn-around and some long term projects that could possibly redefine the way business is done going forward
3. Projects will be a mix of cost reduction initiatives - strategic fulfillment channels, defect reduction - AND customer delight – improving replication
4. More often than not these initiatives will require active engagement with multiple stakeholders – category managers, other businesses across Amazon and external sellers
5. You will engage actively with Senior Leadership and in some cases with global teams
6. You will play the role of a thinker and an implementer in equal measure – the success in this role is as much about implementing as it is about conceptualizing or strategizing
What is expected from the candidate?
1. Ability to take complete end to end ownership of an initiative till execution; subsequently setting up processes for operating teams seamlessly take over and execute on a daily basis
2. Ability to work with large data, dive-deep, identify issues – analytical thinking is a must
3. Every big decision you make will involve a conflict – ability to visualize the conflict, addressing the parties involved and making balanced decisions
4. Ability to engage with multiple stake holders and influence the partner teams
5. Ability to define project deliverables, timelines and set up mechanisms to track inputs and outputs for the projects; strong communication skills
6. Ability to work independently: The candidate is expected to have 2+ years of experience post MBA. Experience in operations or supply chain, category management OR program management will be preferred