Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. As an extension of this, Amazon encourages sellers/vendors to offer products to Amazon customers through various advertising. The Advertiser Success team is a support function to the local sales and account management teams and helps provide scale to add new participants and help them engage effectively with the ad programs. We work on various ad programs covering NA, EU and APAC markets and we provide 24/7 coverage for operations.
Advertiser Success team (AST) is looking for a talented and driven Data Engineer to scale our existing programs and power rapid innovation to empower us to stay ahead of our customers’ needs. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and the Advertising Sales Tech team is at the head of this growth machine enabling our Sales teams to deliver at scale. Our goal is to accelerate the otherwise human intensive sales operations by investing in strategic self-service applications that accelerate productivity of external advertising customers and internal sales executives. If executed correctly, we will minimize or eliminate the human decision making in advertising. The role will focus on working with a team of data engineers, business and tech savvy professionals to lay down scalable data architecture to ingest large amounts of structured and unstructured datasets and work with stakeholders to drive business decisions based on these datasets. Your opportunity is to apply technical abilities to work on solutions that have high visibility within the ad products organization. You should be an autonomous self-starter who thrives on implementing creative approaches and dealing with the intricate complexity of large data sets. You should love partnering with internal tech teams to build a robust data engineering platform. You should be analytical, creative, and passionate about building and maintaining best-in-class data infrastructures.
Key functions of this role:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of data systems spanning Amazon retail, Sales CRM and marketing systems, and ad serving platforms.
- Use your knowledge to architect data warehousing and BI solutions that solve problems that cut across Amazon business functions including Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, and BI solutions.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a major programming (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
- Act as a product owner: leading customer utilization research projects to better understand how your customers are using your product.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.