Amazon is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Business Manager, to join a Global Special Projects team for its Bangalore, IN location. The team is involved in managing an innovative project which informs and impacts strategic decisions. The candidate will be involved in growing our India project and will be responsible for operational execution across product design, sourcing, logistics and selection.
Applicants can expect a fast paced, start-up environment, with day-to-day diversity that requires hands on execution, problem solving, good business acumen and comfort with ambiguity.
The ideal candidate will be both strategic and hands-on in building and growing projects and has a passion for eCommerce. The candidate must have hands on experience in Business Operations & Project Management and is not afraid to build a project from ground up.
The role will be a good fit if you:
- Are entrepreneurial and enjoy working with ambiguity.
- Are a self-starter who thrives in a startup environment, where all members are hands on and have a voice in decision making.
- Are highly analytical, creative and have a solid operations knowledge.
- Are passionate about owning solutions and solving issues without supervision or direction.
- Are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way.
- Are able to influence teams with or without direct line of responsibility.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owning and managing day to day project operations in India and will include activities like warehouse operations, product sourcing, inventory and logistics management.
- Identify, analyze and execute strategies for new opportunities, improving metrics to achieve overall vision.
- Support project growth across various steams from an operational viewpoint with a continuous focus on innovation.
- Liaising with external service providers and vendors to drive project results.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure project output is leveraged to its full extent.
- Navigate internal teams and work with diverse cross-functional groups, including business teams, finance, sales, technology, support, fulfillment, and supply chain.