Do you have a passion for improving technology for great customer experiences? The Alexa Experience and Devices team is looking for an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to work on enhancing Alexa – the voice service behind Amazon Echo – in current and future products. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers, powered by Alexa.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring successful launches of many product features. You will be working with software development engineers and project managers to create, maintain, and execute test plans; build automated test infrastructure; and establish processes to continue to invent & simplify test strategies.
Software Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. QAEs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QAEs also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. QAEs are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Automation, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. This role requires relocation to an ADIQ regional hub. In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Finding, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsets