Amazon Search Services from Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Software Development Engineers for its Bangalore team who can help build cutting edge search technologies for customers of all sizes. If you have a solid understanding of fundamental algorithms and system design and are able to produce bulletproof code, we are looking for you. CloudSearch team develops and maintains 2 of the AWS services "Amazon Elasticsearch Service" and "Amazon CloudSearch".
We have a culture of creative problem solving, intellectual design, fast-paced development, and passionate product delivery. As a subsidiary of Amazon, we also have the longevity and resources of a larger company and the ability to quickly introduce our technology to millions of users.
As a Search Services engineer, you will:
- Design, develop, and support a world-class CloudSearch and Elasticsearch platform that manages thousands of search domains across 2 AWS services.
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs. (Especially as they pertain to a highly-virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environment)
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize distributed systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Amazon CloudSearch in alignment with business and market needs
- Invent the future of search instead of just being a bystander
- Mentor other SDEs and advise the leadership team on the technical vision.