Do you want to operate in a green field space that takes on challenging problems to provide best-in-class solutions for our Sellers worldwide? Do you want to take bold bets with technology that redefine how people sell on Amazon? If so, you're at the right place!
Amazon’s platform is the engine that powers our Marketplace and Sellers rely on this platform to start selling on Amazon and to grow their business. Amazon Marketplace enables millions of Sellers worldwide to list hundreds of millions of products and manages every aspect of the end-to-end Seller lifecycle from registration to making them successful on the platform.
As part of this role, you'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class ecommerce websites. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with more than half of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. As part of leading a team of engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the e-commerce industry.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using Agile best practices and the latest technologies.
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and development/product/program managers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Experienced in developing long-term strategies for products and translating them into an achievable roadmap
- Experienced in building and managing teams that design and deliver scalable and extensible distributed systems to address complex business challenges.
- Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
- Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies