Overview of the Catalog Quality team
Catalog Quality Operations is part of ASCS (Amazon Selection Catalog Systems). The Amazon product catalog is a set of records; each record being a set of facts describing a physical or digital product. These records are often organized by defined relationships (e.g. variations such as different sizes of the same shoe). Our ability to provide a good product discovery experience and empower our customers to make well informed purchase decisions is dependent on the quality of our product catalog. High quality data is the foundation of building awesome user experiences. It powers unrivaled product discovery, informs customer buying decisions, offers a large selection and positions Amazon as the first stop for product discovery. Now take the world’s largest product catalog and imagine how you could influence the experience for millions of customers on the world’s largest e-commerce site. Amazon’s Catalog Quality group is looking for a customer focused Catalog Specialist to help us make the world’s best product catalog even better.
Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be working with a team of engineers, catalog associates and leaders in engineering, business and operations domain. The teams together will cater to improving catalog quality across all marketplaces (US, CA, UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, CN, BR, MX and JP) for Amazon. The catalog quality operations teams’ charter is to drive better catalog quality through a series of programs which include targeted catalog enhancements, audits to monitor catalog health, improve machine learning through manual feedbacks and reviewing crowd-sourced catalog submissions. You will own inventing and implementing strategic initiatives and deliverables for one or more programs in the Catalog space. This will involve working with business, engineering and operations team globally to define strategy and requirements, and lead cross-functional teams on catalog improvement projects. The scope of the responsibility would be spread across multiple programs and would require possessing Catalog/Process expertise across multiple programs thus influencing inter- function decisions.
Are you up for the challenge? If you consider yourself to be a strong pillar of a team that wants to work on difficult problems and have the propensity to deliver then please have a look at the key responsibilities that you will be accountable for when you Join Catalog Quality.
· Developing intelligent, insightful reporting on the key drivers of our business and provides reports to senior management/ stakeholders at process level. Reports fluctuations in key metrics and communicates to stakeholders with a plan of action
· Identifies day to day operational problems and suggests tactical solutions
· Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and drives optimization initiatives that aims towards metric improvement at process/program level
· Driving continuous process improvement projects by performing and documenting RCA’s/issues and identifies constraints to recommended solutions
· Communication with multiple stakeholders to communicate on operations, project reviews and metrics. Responsible for pre-scoped communications i.e. recurring updates and reports
· Ownership and leadership skills to coordinate projects across multiple teams and drive them to successful conclusion
· Develops processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the function
· Mentors /coaches associates and contributes to their growth. Occasionally trains new hires.
· Understands the performance bar and contributes to team building and hiring decision.
· Experience in resource utilization as a leader