Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. About Compliance Operations (C- Ops)
C – Ops is responsible for conducting operational and transactional tasks for the programs within HS3C Organization. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment. Job Description:
The successful candidate for this role will be a fast, clear and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, importance of Quality in any process, is metrics and number savvy, has an analytical mindset and has demonstrated leadership ability. This person will need an ability to see the big picture/whole system and execute on grass root level to improve the overall C- Ops quality operations. Additionally, should show success in following-up and getting things done and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric and ever changing environment. QA Manager will interact with different nodes to encourage participation and their support in cross node Kaizen events and will interact with their node counter parts to implement standard practices across all C - Ops nodes. Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the execution of the world wide C- Ops QA strategy through local management and support teams.
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Quality System team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Communicates across all levels on Operations and program progress.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis ( 5 Whys Analysis/ Fish Bone Analysis) and Error Trend Analysis
- Drive defect elimination program by working along with Ops and Program stakeholders.