The Machine Learning (ML) team drives the scale out and adoption of ML across Amazon through easy-to-use platforms, end-to-end applications, breakthrough algorithms for Amazon problems, and broad dissemination of ML knowledge. Our engineers develop mission critical ML platforms to speed up model and workflow development, simplify data access, and include highly scalable data pre-processing and learning algorithm implementations into their ML solutions. They work on systems in the cloud that consume Amazon’s big data and employ cutting-edge ML technologies to power automated decisions at scale in all parts of the company, including our eCommerce site and subsidiaries, Amazon Web Services, Seller Services and Digital Media.
If you are deeply technical, keen to work on state-of-the-art techniques, and long for the opportunity to build highly innovative solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people, then the ML team is for you! You will learn about ML techniques, big data, cloud computing and how to develop highly available distributed systems at Internet scale. You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
· Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy ML platforms and applications that impact the Amazon business
· Own the delivery of an integral component of a system or application
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.