Our team is responsible for ensuring that pricing at Amazon remains competitive and in line with our core principles of providing low prices, selection and convenience to our customers. The team owns building highly scalable software that processes ~1000MM work items on daily basis and influences Amazon prices for millions of products sold by Amazon Retail worldwide. The team works on technology challenges spanning across areas of distributed systems, scalable web crawling, statistical algorithms, machine learning and data mining.
Are you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science and advance information retrieval techniques to solve real world problems of competitive data analysis? Does the challenge of building real time, highly scalable solutions for the most complex online business using innovative technology excite you? If your answer to all these questions is yes, then we invite you to get in touch with us to find out how you can contribute towards this hugely impactful charter.
Responsibilities: As a member of Competitive Pricing Systems team you will be a visionary leader, builder, operator and play a key role in the evolution of our Competitive Pricing team to solve the world's most complex technical challenges in Information extraction, Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Web applications, Data mining, Scalability, Security, and Algorithms to name a few. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment. You’ll be expected to:
• Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems across the organization.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter dependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other best in class automated marketing technologies.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Come be part of this growing, dynamic and challenging space!