Amazon is looking for a leader to expand Global Finance Platform that powers tens of billions of dollars of accurate payments across multiple lines of business worldwide.
Amazon is seeking a rock star Software Development Manager who will own and shape the future of our Finance Technology (FinTech) delivery capabilities to process invoices and payments, provide financial data integration and process global withholding tax requirements across Amazon.
FinTech builds software systems that ensure accurate and on time payments for millions of Amazon vendors including publishers, app developers, game developers, marketplace sellers, associates and others. We're constantly looking for opportunities to expand capabilities in new geographies and new lines of business.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team and will be a role model to set an example for others at all times. You will build strong, highly-effective teams you can trust, delegate decisions and tasks to others in your organization. You will build processes that drive accountability within your team, where people assume and take responsibility for actions and decisions. You, in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge will innovate with bold bets to drive business growth. You will solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You will continually align your team’s work, goals and priorities with Amazon’s business objectives. You along with your team will develop pragmatic solutions. You will build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
You must be able to
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Independently lead hiring and performance management for your team
• Recognize the high and low performers are and coach individuals for performance at both ends of the spectrum
• Create the identity and structure for your team
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
• Define all aspects of projects and programs including collecting requirements, writing high-quality documents and doing sprint planning