Amazon is seeking an exceptional BI Engineer to join the Amazon Payments BI team. The person in this position will play a key role in supporting our global Consumer business.
This person will own the production and delivery of a suite of standard reports regularly used by the global Consumer organization to make key business decisions. This will involve:
1. Diving deep to fully understand the ETL pipelines, report architecture and metric definitions
2. Debugging report issues and unblocking workflows
3. Communicating with the BI team and customers to provide status updates, etc.
4. Modifying reports via changes to underlying SQL
5. Fielding report related questions from stakeholders
Tools used include:
1. SQL (Oracle and Redshift)
2. ETL tools (internal)
5. Report scheduling tools (internal)
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.