Amazon Kindle content team is looking for an entrepreneurial and creative senior design manager to define the UX (app and web application) in the Kindle content business. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without supervision. Key responsibilities:
· Lead the design of a category within the Kindle content business.
· Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web, mobile web and app interfaces.
· Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories.
· Quickly and thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
· Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications.
· Be a champion for user testing by partnering with researchers to get your solutions in front of customers; and be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing on your own if required.
· Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards at Amazon.
· Partner with strategic product management teams and highly technical development teams to support product launches.
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback.