Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon’s cloud product line - Amazon Web Services (AWS) amongst enterprises and the public sector and regulated industry market segments in India? Do you have government affairs experience in Delhi with the Indian central government and have the technology public policy experience necessary to help further advance Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider at the central and state level?
AWS is leading the cloud computing services globally, and also providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more.
We at Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AISPL in India before those policymakers that are strategically important to the AWS business. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in the central government and other relevant organizations and help prioritize international, national, and state-level government public policy issues faced by AWS business line. They will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in key market segments. This position will be AISPL’s representative on key industry associations and coalitions that are critical to advancing our public policy and business objectives. They will need to become familiar with all aspects of AWS business, and interface directly with business units across the country.
You will report to the India Policy lead for AWS Public Policy in AISPL and be based in Delhi. Key areas of focus are:
- Analyze the central government regulatory environment, craft and effectively deliver a coordinated advocacy strategy thereby playing a pivotal role in catalyzing sustainable growth for the business.
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and business opportunities in the AISPL Indian Public Sector business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with the company’s objectives;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Advance the company’s policy positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to enable an unrestricted, transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the growth of AWS cloud Services;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AISPL executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
- Contribute to Public Policy and advocacy activity within company, which will include coordinating and drafting responses to public consultation papers, position papers and speaking notes for Company representation in conferences, panels, round tables etc.
- Participate and contribute to membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of the company, and ensure appropriate utilization of high judgment, high integrity outside consultants.
- The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.