Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team in India! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager that is responsible for expanding and defining the Alexa experience and spoken language understanding technology for languages in India. In this role:
· You will drive Alexa Machine Learning language readiness improvements and innovation in different dimensions of the voice experience;
· You will use perceptive insights on business and customer requirements to drive vision and planning for the organization as a whole;
· You will dive deep into our data requirements for language readiness and work with machine learning teams to meet the needs for lexicon development, language and acoustic model development, and become an effective bridge between Data and Product teams;
· You will work closely with usage data to improve basic accuracy and partner with other Amazon teams to deliver fresh and exciting experiences for customers;
· You will drive improvements in the data, science and performance metrics areas to accelerate our ability to deliver ground-breaking innovation across a rapidly increasing number of customers, platforms and experiences;
· You will engage on a regular and frequent basis with Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.