Amazon.com’s Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic e-commerce marketplaces in the world, with nearly 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in ten countries. TRMS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites. As such, TRMS designs and builds the software systems, risk models, and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. The TRMS organization is looking for a Data Scientist for its Risk Mining team. The team is transforming to provide insights about operations and provide analytical solutions to help drive risk pattern recognition, uncover MOs and trends, reduce bad debt, and improve customer experience.
As a Data Scientist, TRMS Risk Mining, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights, and building cutting edge risk algorithms that identify opportunities through statistical models, machine learning, and visualization techniques.
You will need to collaborate effectively with business and product leaders within TRMS and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources, and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and proactively present new insights in concise and effective manner.
The candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business.
- Use predictive analytics and data mining to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Employ the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns of risks, abuse, and help reduce bad debt
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize TRMS business processes
- Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
- Draw relevant inferences and insights from data including, identification of trends and anomalies
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, product managers, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area