We are looking for technically strong engineering leader to own and develop the Unified India Payment Experience stack (IN PayX) which will be tier-1 interface hosting payment selection, payment processing and payment registration experience flows in a federated way for India customers. The stack will power the experience to serve Amazon Pay customers transacting on Amazon Retail, Amazon Now, Prime, External payments and more.
The leader will define the architectural vision for IN PayX stack as well as multiple capabilities that power experience like ML based payment method recommendations and suppressions on payment selection. The role will focus on driving the technical and execution strategy to build a highly available, federated platform to allow multiple payment product teams to build their product experience on this stack to provide best-in-class payment experience to Indian customers. The team will work on diverse technology stack from SOA, UI frameworks, big-data and ML algorithms.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
As a Development manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SDEs across the company on this high impact initiative.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports