Level 4 – Global Tax Specialist
Amazon.com, Earth’s Most Customer-centric Company, seeks a Tax Operations Specialist to join the Global Tax Team. The ideal candidate needs to be customer focused, self-motivated, friendly and professional. Tax Ops Specialist is responsible for ensuring tax documentation is in order; understand the withholding tax requirements and ensuring timely reporting to the tax authorities. Additionally, able to answer tax-related questions by email, own the resolution of business customers’ issues, and when necessary, and can exercise good judgement to escalate issues upward throughout the organization.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the Tax liaison for general inquiries, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action.
- Work on tax identity collection, withholding, reporting and other transaction tax obligations.
- Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, withholding preparation and reporting to taxing authorities
- 1099K, 1099 Misc., 1042s reconciliation and filing.
- Prepare materials needed for tax provisions at year-end and tax audit.
- Timely remittances to the tax authorities and accurate reporting of withholding taxes.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
- Leverage end-to-end process knowledge, including systems and portals
- Serve as the Tax Ops lead on global Tax multi-year project, including collaboration with the core project team, coordination of tax requirements, process generation, etc.
- Authoring reactive/pro-active blurbs, FAQs, and help documentation
- Define key metrics and create metrics reports and set up reporting process
- Provide additional support as needed such as training global tax ops team and develop expertise in the team
- Collaborate with co-workers to increase productivity by eliminating duplication and coordinating information requirements. Drive process improvement initiatives to reduce manual efforts.
- Effectively resolve and escalate issues, demonstrate excellent record of delivery.