Level 4 – Global Tax Specialist
Amazon.com, Earth’s Most Customer-centric Company, seeks a Tax Operations Specialist to join the Global Tax Team. The ideal candidate needs to be customer focused, self-motivated, friendly and professional. Tax Ops Specialist is responsible for ensuring tax documentation is in order; understand the withholding tax requirements and ensuring timely reporting to the tax authorities. Additionally, able to answer tax-related questions by email, own the resolution of business customers’ issues, and when necessary, and can exercise good judgement to escalate issues upward throughout the organization.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the Tax liaison for general inquiries, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action.
- Work on tax identity collection, withholding, reporting and other transaction tax obligations.
- Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, withholding preparation and reporting to taxing authorities
- 1099K, 1099 Misc., 1042s reconciliation and filing.
- Prepare materials needed for tax provisions at year-end and tax audit.
- Timely remittances to the tax authorities and accurate reporting of withholding taxes.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
- Leverage end-to-end process knowledge, including systems and portals
- Serve as the Tax Ops lead on global Tax multi-year project, including collaboration with the core project team, coordination of tax requirements, process generation, etc.
- Authoring reactive/pro-active blurbs, FAQs, and help documentation
- Define key metrics and create metrics reports and set up reporting process
- Provide additional support as needed such as training global tax ops team and develop expertise in the team
- Collaborate with co-workers to increase productivity by eliminating duplication and coordinating information requirements. Drive process improvement initiatives to reduce manual efforts.
- Effectively resolve and escalate issues, demonstrate excellent record of delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Business Process Management with 3 to 5 years of experience in global finance operations
- Working knowledge of the US tax laws, withholding requirements, 1099 and 1042S reporting requirements. 1042s reconciliation and filing
- Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, tax returns preparation and filings to taxing authorities
- Prepare materials needed for tax provisions at year end and tax audit
- Exemplary relationship-building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to relate processes and associated technical aspects to business partners in straightforward fashion
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands managing multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible to work varied shifts
- Well round knowledge of MS Office Suite
- MBA Finance or equivalent degrees
- Experience of managing a team would be an advantage especially working in or with a finance department
- ERP experience such as Oracle/SAP. 3-5 years’ experience in customer/shared service roles
- Customer focused, friendly and detailed oriented individual
- Professional demeanor, resourcefulness, flexibility, and self-motivation
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress/fast paced work environment
- Understanding of SharePoint and SharePoint workflows
- Experience in creating and tracking metrics and process SOPs
- Experience with working with cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for customers issues and problems
- Team player, reliable and dependable