Front-End Engineer II Job Description
Amazon Tax technology team is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build world-class internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible. You are a talented Software Development Engineer who is seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you!
It's Day 1 in Tax Technology, and we're at the beginning of building out an entire suite of global tax solutions. The ax technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
In this role you will:
- Design and build user interfaces for applications to make customer lives better
- Play a role in the definition, vision, design and development of a new platform from beginning to end
- Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers
- Use front end software design patterns
- Design and code technical solutions in tools such as Angular/React JS, Node.js, JQuery to deliver value to tax customers
- Build dashboard and visualization services
- Brainstorm, prototype, build iteratively using agile methodologies Basic Qualifications
· Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
· Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
· Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.),UI Test Automation frameworks,MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding14, modules, MV*15, objects, promises).
· Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
· 14 e.g., command pattern, uni-directional data flow, two-way data binding 15 e.g., Model-View-Controller (MVC) or Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM)
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience Preferred Qualifications
- Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Good knowledge of AWS Services and IAAS/SAAS concepts.Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.