Sr Product Manager – Contact Routing & WFM Tech Platforms
Amazon strives to be earth's most customer-centric company, where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience. Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. To expand the selection of products available to customers, Amazon engages with sellers who offer their catalog of products on Amazons’ global e-commerce platforms.
The Selling Partner Support (SPS) team acts as the primary interface between Amazon and our selling partners (Sellers / Vendors / Brand Owners). We obsess over providing world class support, technical assistance and account management services to our global partners. We strive to predict our Selling partner’s needs, create innovative self-help tools and provide solutions to help our partners better serve their customers and grow their businesses. SPS at Amazon provides candidates with an opportunity to join a diverse, multicultural team with direct partnerships across extensive worldwide locations.
Amazon uses various state of the art enterprise grade tools that enables seamless customer experience to help our Selling Partners. This includes a contact routing multimedia platform capable of intelligent routing. A comprehensive CRM system integrated to the seller portal and a versatile data management and decision support system making it an apt and comprehensive platform that is capable of supporting Amazons massive growth trajectory. SPS team also strives to use and build over a state-of-the-art workforce management platform to Schedule associates’ availability.
The Contact routing and Workforce Management Tech platform program management group within Amazon SPS is a group that continuously strives for excellence in connecting customers (Selling partners) to our associates. The high-level goal of this team is to
· Act as a vehicle of continuous transformation to what is existing today and to maintain leading edge in the area of contact routing.
· Continuously monitor analytics generated by systems. Use this effectively to identify avenues for change.
· Drive transformation in technology and processes in a project /program / product management framework.
· Conceive, propose, Defend disruptive ideas. Establish priority and resourcing through yearly operating planning (Op1 / OP2) process and finally help manage build life cycle.
· Own rollout planning and events.
· Own features of product and their functional specifications (documented).
· Support new business unit establishment / expansion in project mode.
· Investigate trends, hypothesis and gaps using data and other forensic evidences and build transformation plan in agile fashion.
· Help business and resolver groups with expertise, wisdom and deep troubleshooting experience when required.
· Provide continuous management consulting flavor to business.
· Be a trusted advisor to technical as well as business decision makers.
Are you excited about product management in this area? If so, we're looking for a Sr Product manager for driving our Product initiates and improving customer experience in Selling Partner Support contact routing & workforce management ecosystem.
As a Sr Product Manager, you are responsible for managing the lifecycle of a product or a major feature with considerable impact. You own the product roadmap and feature priorities, which may include contributing to OP1/OP2 narratives and goals, and other organization roadmaps. You define the problem(s) we are trying to solve, desired customer experience, vision, tenets, and product strategy. You deliver the right product solutions independently, with limited guidance.
You drive product discussions. You are able to distill clear requirements from large and diverse sets of customers, partners, vendors, and regional agencies/business entities. You perform or commission market research, usability studies, and create focus groups to identify best of breed benchmarks and solve customer problems. You identify meaningful components in a competitive analysis and are judicious in how those takeaways inform product decisions. You write press releases that imagine what we would say to customers on the release date of a new product to make sure we build the right solutions. You are a simplifier. You determine when it is appropriate to build, improve an existing solution, or integrate existing features for a more cohesive end-to-end customer experience. You are able to evaluate whether a product to be launched meets the intent of the Press Release and Working Backward documents. You influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. You make sure business and technology teams are aligned to customer needs. You discern which features are essential, can be triaged, as well as which can be omitted altogether. You do not allow software work to be de-scoped to a less than acceptable product. You are an effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules. You are willing to readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes.
You proactively mitigate risks and help reduce a product’s exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective cross-team collaboration, insufficient testing). You influence teams to eliminate problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction. You use your judgment to test assumptions and know when to enlist senior leader reviews to ensure solutions scale to meet “think big” business ideas. You know how and when to escalate without damaging relationships. When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
You develop product plans that have clear, measurable success criteria. You define mechanisms and metrics (e.g., KPIs, funnels, conversion, awareness) that enable you to quickly explain your product’s/feature adoption, performance and any variance against goals. You proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms that make the customer experience visible and to ensure your product stays aligned with business goals. You define showstoppers related to product quality, make sure bugs are triaged, and ensure issues are resolved or mitigated in the right order. You may be responsible for product/feature evangelism or marketing, which includes branding, messaging, packaging, placement, pricing, and promotions/deals. You may develop product materials and create training content for sales and account management roles.
You actively recruit and develop others, improving their skills and ability to get things done. You mentor and coach on product management best practices.
Additionally, you are expected to:
· Driving initiatives across multiple time zones.
· Participate in development and framing of long-term transformation strategy
· Breakdown issues and drive investigation / discussions to ensure they are addressed from product management perspective.
· Interacting with stakeholders at multiple levels facilitating dynamic collaboration with the business, and technical teams to define good product strategy.
· Preparing and presenting regular product initiates updates to Senior Leadership team & other steering committee members.
· Identifying and analyzing data to isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing program / product opportunities.
· Partnering with operations and Tech teams to identify, scope, and solutions for unique challenges faced.
· Anticipating bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints while driving product goals.
· Remaining flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the customer success firmly as the focus.
Are you natural LEADER passionate about the customer experience? Have the will to deal with business pressure? Do you love being decisive? We would love to meet you.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.