Interested in being a Data Engineer on the team that powers the Amazon’s Today’s Deals pages? Amazon's Deals Team is seeking a talented DE II to help architect, design, build, and enhance our Deals business intelligence system. You will be developing and supporting the analytic technologies that give our global business teams timely, flexible and structured access to their data. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a platform using reporting tools, modeling metadata, and building reports and dashboards.
This role will focus on building processes around collecting, organizing, and presenting data to understand customer behavior, feature performance, and accurately calculate return on investment across multiple marketing and business development channels. You will join a group who owns world-class customer features, where our projects evolve rapidly and we always hunger for the best data to drive our next decision. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems
- Work with the software development and machine learning teams to construct complex data sources for training machine learned models and algorithms
- Collect, analyze, and present actionable data to drive marketing, business development, and product management decisions at a senior level
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary