Level 4 – Global withholding tax Analyst
Amazon.com, Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, seeks a Tax Operations Analyst to join the Global withholding tax Team within India Finance Operations. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, self-motivated, friendly and professional. Tax Ops Analysts are responsible for answering tax-related questions by email, own the resolution of business customers’ issues, and when necessary, and can exercise good judgement to escalate issues upward throughout the organization.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the FinOps Tax liaison for general inquiries, escalations, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action
- Work on tax withholding calculations, payments to the tax authorities and reconciliation of withholding tax deduction vs. payments.
- Working knowledge of FAS 5 (provision for contingencies) across countries and ability to dive deep and provide resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of B-notices and levy notices from IRS
- Ensure local tax withholding compliance by determining correct cross country treaty rates.
- Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, withholding preparation and reporting to taxing authorities.
- 1099K, 1099 Misc., 1042s reconciliation and filing
- Payment to non-residents and it’s tax implications
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
- Leverage end-to-end process knowledge, including systems and portals
- Serve as the FinOps Tax lead on global withholding tax multi-year project, including collaboration with the core project team, coordination of tax requirements etc.
- Authoring reactive/pro-active blurbs, FAQs, and help documentation
- Provide additional support as needed such as training global withholding tax ops team and develop expertise in the team
- Partner with co-workers to increase productivity by eliminating duplications and coordinating information requirements. Drive process improvement initiatives to reduce manual efforts
- Effectively resolve and escalate issues, demonstrate a consistent timely track record of delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Business Process Management with 3 to 5 years of experience in global finance operations
- Working knowledge of the withholding tax compliance, documentation requirements, 1099 and 1042S reporting requirements. Withholding payments and reconciliation.
- Exemplary relationship-building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to relate processes and associated technical aspects to business partners in straightforward fashion
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands managing multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate previous experience in customer service and team handling
- Flexible to work varied shifts
- Well round knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required, including the ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- MBA Finance or equivalent degrees
- Experience of managing a team would be an advantage especially working in or with a finance department
- ERP experience such as Oracle/SAP. 3-5 years’ experience in customer/shared service roles
- Customer focused, friendly and detailed oriented individual
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress/fast paced work environment
- Understanding of SharePoint and SharePoint workflows
- Experience in creating and tracking metrics and process SOPs
- Experience with working with cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for customers issues and problems
- Team player, reliable and dependable