The WW Hazardous Waste team is responsible to ensure Amazon’s compliance with regulations related to the handling and disposal of regulated hazardous waste. The role is responsible for collecting waste profile information from Amazon’s hazardous waste vendors, reviewing that information for accuracy, identifying discrepancies, seeking and obtaining correct data and uploading the final information into Amazon’s Gensuite platform. Duties will also include working with the individual Amazon business primary contact for Hazardous waste to support requests for recovering data from Gensuite and data analysis. This is a key program management role responsible for executing per direction, the management of the WW Hazardous Waste team. The role involves hands-on work in the areas of understanding regulator needs and expectations, EHS regulatory research, global stakeholder engagement, data analytics and document technical writing.
Must be self-starter and detail-oriented. Must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. Responsibilities
· Identify discrepancies in data provided by Amazon’s hazardous waste vendors and reporting them properly.
· Requesting corrections to inaccurate or missing data from Amazon’s third party waste vendors.
· Classifying the data received into pre-defined hazardous waste groups.
· Load data into Amazon’s Gensuite EHS management platform.
· Owns weekly/monthly reports and metrics related to WW hazardous waste.
· May consult Legal for guidance on EHS issues, specific use cases or escalations based on manager direction.
· Draft documents and revisions per manager direction.
· Considers customer experience in the execution or handling of specific escalations cases and projects.
· May research and recommend innovative technology solutions to manager.
· Knows when to ask for help.
· Drives accountability for results.