Amazon’s Transportation team is seeking highly skilled and motivated person to help develop a and implement a world class security program for our transportation network which will ensure that our customers receive the items they purchase on time and at the best possible cost. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The SLP Specialist – TBA, will be responsible for partnering with Delivery Centre Operations team spread across various cities within a region to execute company security policies and provide security services and asset (lives, inventory in transit and within delivery centre, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection within the assigned location and the surrounding geography. SLP Specialist is a key member of the Transportation organization, working with the Regional team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization.
- Possess a thorough understanding of central/state security issues and demonstrate excellence in ability to implement and ensure sites compliance with company security policies and any industry or merchant requirements.
- Completing and/or coordinating the final Test and Acceptance of site security systems that leverage our access control system.
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, measurable procedures/processes and prevention programs impacting losses, pilferage, accident trends and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Perform frequent site security audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Ensure guarding vendor(s) have clear understanding of expectations and hold them accountable to deliver on them and meet or surpass service level agreement requirements. In addition, work with the guarding vendor’s management to ensure that they recruit, hire, and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization
- Builds and deploys security training program
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert
- Effectively address safety and security incidents including potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy as well as conducting testing of the incident response plans.
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators
- Coordinate with various support teams such as the Worldwide Operations Security Team, IT Security, and Network Engineering as needed
- Utilize Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency.