Senior Tax Analyst, Foreign Reporting (WHT)
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join its Direct Tax Reporting team within the Foreign Reporting Group. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. The mission of the Foreign Reporting Group is to comply with foreign local tax reporting requirements and manage the worldwide, tax-related filings of Amazon’s foreign entities.
As a member of the Foreign Reporting Group, the Senior Tax Analyst will support the global local tax teams on various projects and deliverables to serve our internal customers. Areas of responsibility include compliance, research and analysis. A highly organized, self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills will be successful on this team.
- Prepare, research and maintain local residency form requirements
- Manage and prepare customer requests for local treaty forms related to withholding taxes
- Prepare and maintain monthly tax reconciliations
- Assist with developing and maintaining tax matrices
- Assist with tax controversy, by gathering and organizing supporting documentation of tax positions and filings
- Preparation of tax return support papers and payments
- Monthly review of general ledger activity for withholding tax assessment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution with a focus in accounting or similar.
- 4+ years of tax reporting and/or accounting experience.
- Experience managing large data sets
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- Previous public accounting experience in tax.
- Experience interacting with outside service providers.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks
- Microsoft Access or strong Microsoft Excel skills