Title – Agency Development Manager
External job description
Amazon is looking for an experienced Agency Development Manager (ADM) to help grow its advertising business in India. The ADM will have the opportunity to define and execute the go-to-market strategy for Amazon's, fast-growing advertising business, with media agencies as the key focus area. He/she will work closely with senior Amazon leadership teams as well as global product organisations to offer the right advertising products to the right advertiser audiences, optimised for the India market.
The ideal candidate will have a strategy/BD/sales background preferably with revenue responsibility. A proven track record of building partnerships and working in a complex, cross functional environment is a key requirement. He/she must also possess strong communications skills and the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions to internal and external stakeholders. He/she will have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to win!
The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon’s top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon.
This position is based at the Amazon Office in Gurgaon, with travel as required. Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the agency development team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth.
- Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with media agencies and expand the partner ecosystem.
- Build scale into the business development function by collaborating with internal stakeholders (direct sales, vendor managers, seller sales and account teams) to develop joint business plans and upsell opportunities.
- Act as the agencies’ advocate and by partnering with product, account management, support, and global technology teams to drive their success on Amazon’s advertising platform.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
- Graduate in any discipline from a Tier I institute
- MBA from a premier B-School
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, business development or partner management.
- Demonstrated experience in winning and retaining clients and establishing relationships with partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Should be able to contribute both as an individual contributor and as leader of people.