Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that could impact the daily business decisions at Amazon India? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you like getting "scrappy" with data to answer challenging product and customer behavior questions? Would you like to be part of the next big thing while it’s still day one? At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Amazon India’s Consumer Engagement Team is currently looking for a Business Analytics Leader who will have a key role in providing a comprehensive understanding of customer segments, downstream value and build the customer targeting roadmap. The candidate will need to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate implications and recommendations clearly. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding project management skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, capable of diving deep and able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. He/she will take a consultative approach to help internal customers achieve their goals. This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership. He or she will be known for rigorous testing, measurement and iteration to improve results continuously. The leader will also manage a dedicated IN-first tech roadmap that builds best in class targeting and customer valuation capabilities. Who you are: As the leader of the Analytics & Data Science team, you will have broad latitude to interpret data and influence the organization’s senior management. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets and should be someone who loves to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of our customers. You and your team of data engineers, business analysts, and data scientists will build and streamline data infrastructure, define methodologies, and create self-service business reporting and insight tools. You will lead the development of statistical and machine learning models and work closely with our engineering team to implement solutions designed to improve the success of the Amazon India business and delight our customers. You will contribute to the company’s intellectual property and will be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and adoption of the analytical solutions your team develops. The role:
This role requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to work across product management, marketing, engineering, finance, and sales teams, as well as country specific business leads to drive business outcomes. We are looking for a leader who is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This role will engage with Senior Technology and Business Leaders throughout the org to create awareness of the key metrics and align on best practices for using the data to drive program measurement and planning. The leader will view solutions through a lens of strategic growth and will advise and inspire teams to the best use of scaled disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment. This is a huge opportunity to think big, create and execute your vision ground up and ensure you witness the full circle- from building capabilities to creating impact. Amazon India is seeking an experienced Marketing Analytics Leader to drive the targeting, channel attribution, valuation and reporting automation charter for the organization. It is a high visibility role and is required to set direction and drive a bold vision across a large stakeholder set across category, marketing, product and technology teams. The role will also recognize the vast heterogenity of India and work with machine learning/ technology to deliver the most impactful and relevant engagement experiences through best-in-class personalization and customer targeting. This role requires someone with a demonstrated record of analytical rigor, creative problem solving, building large capabilities to create meaningful impact. Key Responsibilities include:
· Leading a tech team of BIE/ Research Scientist / data engineer to build a solid data infrastructure
· Leading and developing a team of business analysts.
· Building applied scientist and machine learning capabilities and models to solve business and customer problems.
· Working with functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
· Developing a long term analytical strategy and self-service reporting capabilities and drive the implementation of that strategy.
· Using analytics to influence multiple departments, increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
· Creating and deliver reporting, critical for tracking and managing the business, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metric reports. Additional Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams as well as an ability to drive closure to indecision and/or conflict.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to create strong experiment/ test frameworks, as well as document and present your findings.
- The ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously
- The ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Excellent stakeholder management skills