Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Kindle P2R team builds technology to improve Kindle customer reading experience and tools that make it fast, easy and low cost for content creators to produce high quality Kindle content. We are constantly enhancing our file format, technology stack and tools to enable beautiful rendering of every book, magazine, newspaper or document ever written in any language on any device surface. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
Amazon is looking for talented and enthusiastic support engineers to join our Kindle - P2R organization. The P2R support engineering team provides tier 2&3 services production support and is also responsible for providing multifaceted services to the Kindle digital product family of development teams and working with production operations teams for software product release coordination and deployment. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success.
Some of the key job functions
- Mentor and train other support engineers on their day to day activities, best practices adopted and improve the deliverables qualities.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Python, Perl, or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
- System and Support status reporting
- Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
- Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set