Who We Are and What We Do:
The Associates Publisher Network (APN) is a part of Amazon's Advertising organization. APN has multiple charters:
· Marketing our products on the retail websites, increase the awareness of our product selection and low prices to customers in a variety of ways, driving traffic to Amazon properties to increase sales.
· Work across our multi-country presence with different customer behaviors, and multiple form factors of desktop, mobile and tablet with a diverse set of product portfolios.
· We use several advertising channels to bring customers to Amazon. One of the major forms of advertising is by placing advertisements for Amazon on 3rd Party sites (Publishers) and apps on mobile devices. We have millions of such Publishers in our network, driving thousands of millions of dollars in sales for Amazon.
· We work at the confluence of Retail and Advertising and are pioneering the move to Native Advertising.
· Our back-end systems process every single order, in all Amazon marketplaces worldwide, we use the latest in Elastic Search, Lambda Architecture, Machine Learning, Workflows via NoSQL. Why It Matters and Why You Will Love It
Amazon and APN are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth we must continually innovate with new products, processes, insights and outreach to publishers that help grow our business at massive scale. You’ll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact millions of publishers in a multi-billion dollar business, world-wide. You’ll help us rapidly launch and scale our products while maintaining quality controls. The software you create will benefit Amazon’s external customers across Retail and APN. You’ll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Advertising business and network of Publishers. You’ll work with massive data sets and work in rapid experimentation mode when needed. You’ll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You’ll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you’ll define and execute software development to deliver growth for APN and Amazon. Engineers in APN and in Amazon work across technologies, and deliver Internet scale solutions that focus on high throughput, low latency, high stability and load tolerance. We build a lot of new products from scratch to help drive revenue tomorrow and also passionately maintain our existing products that drive revenue today. As a SDE working in the APN team, you will not only be responsible for creative input into algorithms that maximize our revenue from Advertising, but you will also develop them in an Object Oriented and scalable way. The software that you design and develop will provide the highly reliable, low cost marketing solutions to Amazon.com, and other advertisers. You will be dealing with high transaction systems and web services supporting thousands of transactions per second.
We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We also work on development of mobile SDK in Java and Objective C. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative algorithms, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. Knowing Java or C++ and Object-oriented Design is a must, and SQL is highly desired. Experience working with Linux is a big plus. Having worked on Mobile development would be good. If you have worked on web development focusing on mobile form factors, it would be an added advantage.
This position is for a highly dynamic technical program manager in platform development team who can contribute to the worldwide publisher experience. You will be a key member of this team, dedicated to our ongoing effort to launch best in class systems across multiple marketplaces. We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. If this sounds like you, we definitely want to hear from you today.
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with our business teams across the world and other tech teams in Bangalore as we raise the bar in delivering innovation.Responsibilities:
· Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex features.
· Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large complex cross-functional projects.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
· Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.