Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
This position is for a professional who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong background in managing guidelines that have complex dependencies. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the conventions across different workflows for the global teams that process and analyze language data. You will work closely with Program Managers, Operation Managers and Subject Matter Experts to maintain consistency at a global scale. The requirements will be driven by a wide range of stakeholders and internal customers.
- Build a sustainable framework that will support a growing number of conventions (process instructions) for workflows designed for language data processing and analysis.
- For each workflow, track the various levels of convention maturity per language, drive horizontal and vertical information/knowledge sharing, and mitigate against the risk of convention divergence across languages.
- Standardize conventions to improve cross training and cross site resource flexibility.
- Maintain a centralized repository so that all guidelines will be visible and easily accessible to all teams in geographically diverse locations.
- Establish the global standard for efficiency and accuracy among the local Language Convention Managers and Operation Site Trainers.
- Partner with the Program Managers, Operation Managers and Subject Matter Experts to understand the challenges for each workflow, and develop solutions based on priority.
- Act as the strategic partner for internal customers, including Language Scientists or Data Specialists. Be the main point of contact for discussions around conventions.
- Monitor, track and report on convention related milestones and metrics.