Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-starting, highly-intelligent, personable, and detail-oriented manager to join our analyst relations (AR) team.
Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. These companies are consuming infrastructure services over the Internet, rather than undertaking the heavy lifting of maintaining their own data centers.
Simultaneously, there are thousands of IT analysts at hundreds of firms worldwide who are trying to understand and help customers understand the new paradigm of cloud computing. The role of AWS Analyst Relations is to inform these IT analysts and explain how AWS is different than traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to drive creation and execution of core strategic AR programs for AWS. The role is available for leading AWS Analyst Relations strategy and implementation in India. The role is based out of Delhi. The AR Manager role is tasked with driving awareness of the rapidly expanding number of services in the AWS technology infrastructure portfolio. The AWS AR Manager must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
The ideal candidate is motivated by learning in a highly creative and dynamic culture where they will need to participate in the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to impact AWS results, helping to innovate AR processes and communications as needed. The right candidate possesses media/analyst experience/relationships, is an expert at writing and creating stories, can quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully managed numerous Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves, and possess a proven track-record of securing powerful coverage results. The position will require periodic travel.
The AWS AR Manager will be responsible for:
- Partner with Communications Team Leadership to develop and execute worldwide analyst strategy
- Drive IT analyst awareness of AWS service offerings and significantly expand IT analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
- Proactively and simultaneously manage multiple vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports such as the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave
- Advance the development, simplification and innovation of the AWS AR program while defining repeatable best practices for the organization
- Deliver on-going AR program activities such as IT analyst briefings, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
- Collaborate with PR and services teams to educate IT analysts on service and feature launches for ever-expanding portfolio of AWS services
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
- Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with IT analysts
- Defining, measuring and reporting success and learnings
- Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact